DEFINITION OF TERMS
- Data Privacy Act or DPA refers to Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its implementing rules and regulations;
- Data Subject refers to an individual whose Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, or Privileged Information is processed;
- Company refers to Alarmnet, Inc or Alarmnet for brevity;
- Personal Data collectively refers to Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information, and
- Personal Information refers to any information, whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual;
- Processing refers to any operation or set of operations performed upon Personal Data including, but not limited to, the collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure or destruction of data. Processing may be performed through automated means, or manual processing, if the Personal Data are contained or are intended to be contained in a filing system;
- Privileged Information refers to any and all forms of Personal Data, which, under the Rules of
Court and other pertinent laws constitute privileged communication;
- Security Incident is an event or occurrence that affects or tends to affect data protection, or may compromise the availability, integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data. It includes incidents that would result to a personal data breach, if not for safeguards that have been put in place;
Sensitive Personal Information refers to Personal Data:
- About an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age, color, and religious, philosophical or political affiliations;
- About an individual’s health, education, genetic or sexual life, or to any proceeding for any offense committed or alleged to have been committed by such individual, the disposal of such proceedings, or the sentence of any court in such proceedings;
- Issued by government agencies peculiar to an individual which includes, but is not limited to,
- social security numbers, previous or current health records, licenses or its denials, suspension or revocation, and tax returns; and
- Specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
DATA PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We use your information for our business purposes and to provide Alarmnet’s services. To facilitate our operations, we may store and process your personal information .It is done in a manner that is necessary to ensure an adequate level of protection.
- Alarmnet is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Philippines Privacy Act.
- All Processing of Personal Data within the Company should be conducted in compliance with the following data privacy principles as espoused in the Data Privacy Act:
- Transparency. The Data Subject must be aware of the nature, purpose, and extent of the Processing of his or her Personal Data by the Company.
- Legitimate purpose. The Processing of Personal Data by the Company shall be compatible with a declared and specified purpose which must not be contrary to law, morals, or public policy.
- Proportionality. The processing of Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant, suitable, necessary, and not excessive in relation to a declared and specified purpose. Personal Data shall be processed by the Company only if the purpose of the Processing could not reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
What Information Alarmnet Collects:
- In General: When you use our website(s), service(s), and your device(s) you may be asked to provide personal information such as:
- Name and/or business name
- Home address and/or business address
- Home, business, and/or mobile telephone number
- Email address
- Date of birth or other identifying personal characteristics
- Emergency contact list information about others
- Telephone numbers, IP address and related communication information
- Product Specific: Certain device(s) or service(s) may collect additional information such as:
- Audio, video, and still-image recordings from your monitoring device(s)
- Geolocation and GPS information including physical location of your device(s) by using satellite, cell phone tower, or Wi-Fi signals
- Motion detection, accelerometer activity, and climate conditions surrounding your device(s)
- Monitoring event information such as arming and disarming your device(s)
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), date/time stamp, and/or other event data which is automatically collected and stored in log files
How Alarmnet Collects Information:
Your personal and non-personal information is collected in various ways in connection with our website(s), service(s), and your device(s):
- In many cases you give information directly to us. For example, you may be required to provide us personal information when:
- Registering for the service(s) or an account with us
- Activating your device(s)
- Signing up for special offers from Alarmnet
- Submitting a paper form or transmitting information to us online or via telephone
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information
- Receiving our service(s) including talking with sales representatives, service technicians, and customer service and monitoring centers (some of which may be recorded to ensure service(s) quality and to maintain an accurate record of our communications with you)
- Visiting and interacting with our website(s).
- We may also collect your information using cookies or similar technologies to analyze trends, administer our websites, track users’ movements around our websites, and to gather demographic information about our users as a whole, for example:
- Device Data: We may collect various types of data and event information from your device(s) by using cameras, microphones, GPS, or other monitoring sensors.
- Cookies: We may receive and store certain information about your browsing preferences by using ALARMNET and third-party cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to customize your experience.
- Social Media Features: Our website(s) include social media features that may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address of the page you are visiting and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. These features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly by us.
- Log Files: We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
- Mobile: When you download and use our service(s), we may automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the unique device identifier (or "UDID"). We collect your location-based information as part our service(s) to identify your location for dispatching or sharing with emergency service providers. We will only share this information with third party services for the sole purpose of providing you our service(s). Information Use and Sharing
HOW ALARMNET USES YOUR INFORMATION:
We may use the personal and non-personal information you provide us for our business purposes, including:
- Setting up your service(s) including establishing your ALARMNET account and profile
- Providing your service(s) including responding to alarm and security events
- Processing payments for your service(s)
- Contacting you regarding your service(s) and responding to your inquiries and comments
- Enhancing, improving, or modifying our website(s) and service(s)
- Developing new products and services
- Conducting data analysis, including fraud monitoring and prevention
- Providing marketing and promotional materials
- Customer retention, feedback, and reactivation programs
- Engaging in lead generation activities
If you submit any information to us relating to another person, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy. We will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
HOW ALARMNET SHARES YOUR INFORMATION:
- We neither sell your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes nor do we disclose any of your information to any persons outside of authorized personnel in Alarmnet.
- Emergency Services: To provide our service(s), we will share your information with persons designated in your contact list and third-party emergency service providers such as police departments, fire departments, and emergency medical services.
How ALARMNET Obtains Consent:
- Each time you provide any personal information to us through our Site(s), Service(s), or your Device(s), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure/sharing such information according to this Policy.
- Where required, consent for the collection, use, and disclosure/sharing of your information may be obtained either expressly or implied.
- Your express consent may be given in writing, verbally or electronically.
- Your implied consent may be given through an action you have taken, such as supplying your personal information for a specified purpose.
- If you do not notify us, we will consider you to have consented to our continued use and disclosure/sharing of your personal information.
- Revoking consent to collection, use and/or disclose/share your information for certain purposes may affect our ability to provide you with Service(s).
- You may contact us using the information provided in the Management Team below.
How ALARMNET Protects Your Information:
- We limit access to your personal information and seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect your information.
- Unfortunately, no information transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
How You Update and Access Your Information:
- You have the right to amend or update inaccurate or incomplete personal information, request deletion of your personal information, or request that we no longer use it.
- You are responsible for ensuring the information you provide when using our website(s), registering for our service(s), and registering/activating your device(s) is accurate. To access, review or update your information for accuracy, please contact us/
- Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
How ALARMNET Retains Your Information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How ALARMNET Notifies You of Policy Changes:
We may update this policy to reflect changes to our information practices. If we make material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
For inquiries regarding this Privacy Notice and the processing of your personal data, as well as any concerns and complaints regarding data privacy, of the exercise of your rights as a data subject under the DPA, you may contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of Alarmnet, Inc. , as follows:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
430 Maligaya Building III E Rodriguez Sr. Ave. Immaculate Concepcion, Quezon City, 1109 Metro Manila
0917 500 7649 / Tel : (+02) 7729-9007 / (+02) 7729-7235 / (+02) 8278-4390 firstname.lastname@example.org
Trust us to safeguard your valuable assets and give you peace of mind!
We have the best experts that can help you customize the perfect solution for your home and business.