A security system installed in your home or business communicates with our 24-hour monitoring center through ordinary telephone lines or, alternatively, through a cellular radio or direct internet connection. At the present time, the direct phone line connection is the most reliable method of communication.
There are steps that you can take to help reduce false
- Make certain that everyone who operates the alarm fully understands the operating instructions and steps necessary to cancel an alarm. Contact Us
- Make certain that everyone who operates the alarm fully understands the operating instructions and steps necessary to cancel an alarm. Contact the Customer Service or Tech Support departments if you need additional instruction.
- Ensure that the alarm system is armed properly before exiting the premises. The system has a built-in delay which can be re-programmed to give you additional time to exit the premise, if necessary.
- Motion detectors can be activated by pets or the movement of décor items affected by the flow of air. Alarm sensors can be adjusted or the system can be operated with the sensors bypassed if you wish to arm your system while you or your pets are inside.
- Periodically check the integrity of contacts and the doors and windows to which they are attached. As with the décor items mentioned above, doors and windows which are sufficiently “loose” can be affected by internal and external wind currents. Contact the Tech Support department if you are not able to correct any such problems yourself. Reliable and timely response by police and fire authorities depend on each of us doing our part to reduce unnecessary dispatches caused by avoidable false alarms.